About the Program
The Global Engineering Mentorship Program creates an opportunity for engineering professionals to help develop future leaders from September to April each year. Our mentorship program develops global leaders by exposing passionate and interested students (mentees) to the experiences, stories and ideas of engineering graduates (mentors).
Who Runs the Program?
The Mentorship Program is run by the University of Calgary Engineers Without Borders Chapter. The Calgary City Chapter supports the program by advertising and recruiting for volunteers among its membership.
- Mentors are usually recruited during summer months, and should be available from September to April
- Mentors must be engineering professionals who can provide students the opportunity for students to develop leadership and professional skills
- A minimum of two hours should be spent on Mentorship Program activities each month. Additional time spent is optional.
- One hour/month should be spent on discussing personal leadership and professional development. Supplemental documents and additional resources for mentoring will be provided.
- One hour/month should be spent attending program events and group workshops focused on global engineering ideas. EWB University of Calgary Chapter Members lead this program aspect.
How Can I Apply?
Please email email@example.com to apply.
Email Rianne Ho, Director, Global Engineering Mentorship Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.