Apply to Work in Africa!
Check for the latest African Venture Staff opportunities at my.ewb.ca under “Jobs at EWB.”
About the African Staff Program
Long-Term African Program Staff Opportunities
As a part of one of our Venture Teams, you will influence meaningful, systemic change projects to support human development. Over the course of your placement you will work at many levels, from the field to the manager’s office to lead change in complex circumstances.
Our Venture Teams
As a Venture Staff member, you’ll work on meaningful, long-term, systemic change projects where your learning and action will directly influence the strategic thinking of our African ventures. You may work with local government to get clean drinking water to rural communities, help mico-entrepreneurs build assets and their businesses, or help to develop social leaders. Check out all of EWB’s ventures in Africa to see where you can make positive social change.
What Training Will I Receive?
- All selected Venture Staff participate in a four week preparation program prior to departure
- 60 hours of training though case studies, workshops and simulations will occur between selection and beginning the job. This training will provide a holistic understanding of living and working in Africa as a Venture Staff Member.
- Upon arrival overseas, there are a few days of orientation led by Engineers Without Borders Canada staff followed by several weeks of learning from other staff members
What Qualifications Are Required?
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Willingness to contribute to EWB’s activities in Calgary upon return (e.g. give presentations about your experience)
Be available to live overseas for 1 to 3 years
- Takes initiative, leadership, problem solver, optimistic, personable
Am I Required to Pay for the Placement?
All costs relating to the placement are either paid for directly by Engineers Without Borders Canada (airfare, insurance, vaccinations, training, etc.) or are paid for indirectly by Engineers Without Borders Canada through the Venture Staff stipend (food, living, local travel, etc).
Who Should I Contact for more Information?
Please email the chapter at email@example.com.