Members of EWB are passionate about helping people gain access to the technology they need to improve their lives. We do so by contributing our knowledge, financial resources, volunteer time, skills and collective voice to help communities around the world.
Members are kept up-to-date with EWB activities, volunteer opportunities and international development news with a monthly e-newsletter. Members have a voice in organisational matters with voting-rights at our Annual General Meeting. But more importantly, EWB members are investing in the important work that EWB does in Canada and overseas.
With thousands of EWB members have already committed to human development across Canada. Whether they are facilitating workshops about global water issues or working on a rural energy project in Ghana, EWB members everywhere are playing an important role in the promotion of human development in Canada.
Benefits of membership:
- Personally contribute to EWB’s overseas projects and local initiatives.
- Development-related education sessions and speaker events.
- Newsletters from the Calgary Professional Chapter containing with event listings and opportunities get involved.
- Discussion with a network of like-minded people, through events and online.
- Eligibility to attend for EWB’s annual National Conference.
- A voice in organizational matters with a vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- Eligibility to apply for overseas placements.
How to Become a Member?
There are three ways to join:
Are my membership dues up-to-date?
To check if your membership dues are up-to-date, log into myewb.ca (if you do not have a myewb account, you are probably not a paid member, and will need to create an account to pay your dues).
Once you are in, select the green profile tab.
In the top left corner, there is a box labelled “Actions”. If your dues are expired, the last item on the list will say “Pay my membership fee”.