Corporate Partnerships Coordinator: Ambitious fundraiser or sales professional sought to double revenue from corporate sources in the next year.
The role and mandate:
EWB’s Corporate Engagement Coordinator is responsible for managing and developing all fundraising relationships between EWB and private corporations based in Western Canada.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Design and implement strategies to identify and qualify gift prospects
• Create cultivation strategies to help deepen existing relationships
• Plan, develop, and oversee the implementation of individual strategies for gifts over $100,000.
• Actively engage, cultivate, solicit, and stewards individual donors and prospects to support overall fundraising goals and priorities.
• Maximize revenue growth and broaden EWB’s engagement with the corporate community
• Manage a portfolio of senior corporate accounts, including stewardship of existing donors to maintain and upgrade their support of EWB
We want to hear from ambitious and experienced people who have a background in fundraising or sales, who can lead EWB’s Corporate Engagement to high “sales” performance, and who will be passionate about bringing more financial muscle to EWB.
We are interested in people from various backgrounds. You might have a background in leading high-performing sales teams in the for-profit sector and be looking for a purpose-driven organization that can leverage your skills. Or you may have experience aggressively growing revenues in small or medium-sized charities.
We are looking for people with the following characteristics:
• Minimum 2 years of fundraising or sales background with a successful track record for soliciting and closing major gifts
• Demonstrates team-building skills including experience in goal setting, motivating, leading, evaluating, and developing a cooperative team
• Ability to build and develop relationships with stakeholders
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively at management and all levels
• Maintains current knowledge of corporate fundraising trends through networking and research
• Strategic thinker with a passion for implementation, collaborative action and results
• Excellent time management skills and ability to execute on tight deadlines accurately and effectively
• Alignment with the values and work of EWB: A belief in the need for a world with greater justice, an approach to organizational culture that values bottom-up ideas, investing in people as a core organizational function, and bringing an entrepreneurial approach to social problems.
• Communicate EWB programs both in Canada and Africa exceptionally well
This position will be Alberta based in either Calgary or Edmonton. There will be a need for some short-term travel in Canada and to Africa.
We are looking for availability as soon as possible for the right candidate.
We will negotiate a salary to be able to incorporate people with diverse circumstances and experience.
Each employee has a significant professional development fund available to them and many opportunities for professional growth. A health/dental benefit package with 3 weeks of vacation each year is standard.
We encourage you to find out more information about Engineers Without Borders at http://www.ewb.ca/.
Please forward your resume and a letter of interest (with some thoughts and ideas about the above role) addressed to our Manager of Fundraising, Beth Borody at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be considering these applications on a rolling basis.